Re: Re: apache 2.4 core dump on launch, no error logging

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 4:08 PM, @lbutlr <kremels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2016, at 3:56 AM, Nick Kew <niq@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 12:12 -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
>>> When launching apache 2.4 I get a core dump. Nothing is logged to the http-error log. I’ve tried rebuilding it to no avail. Ideas?
>>>
>> At the top of your coredump is libpcre.  Could it be that your
>> httpd has been built against a different/slightly incompatible
>> pcre version?
>
> Maybe? I’ve rebuilt apache several times and there’s been no change in behavior, and I’ve updated all port versions as of yesterday.
>
> PCRE-8.39 is installed. I’m not sure how to tell if http is trying to access a different version.

The output as posted is probably not too helpful, since it doesn't
appear to incude a  backtrace.
Try a 'thread apply all bt full' in gdb, it there's only one thread,
and it's really OPENSSL_ia32_cpuid(),
then openssl is the culprit, and it's possible that the openssl
command line client segfaults as well,
e.g. with openssl s_client  or openssl s_server.

The list with pcre on the top is just the list of libraries gdb tries
to load debug symbols from.
To get a more useful backtrace, you have to install the debug symbols
for all the relevant libraries,
such that gdb does not complain "(no debugging symbols found)" on
startup for any library that is
referenced in any backtrace shown by 'thread apply all bt full'.

rainer