apache 2.2 - mod_authnz_ldap with SSL/TLS in chrootdir

Hi Folks,

I’m having some issues getting SSL or TLS working with mod_authnz_ldap in my chroot’ed Apache 2.2 server on RHEL 6.8 … it works without SSL just fine.  I’m using the built-in “ChrootDir” directive with Apache.  I seem to have all of the libraries, binaries and things in the chroot jail that Apache uses… but, I can’t seem to get it to work… and I kinda need to know how best to troubleshoot this to figure out where the problem lies.

Inside and outside the chroot jail I can use ldapsearch with SSL just fine… so, I know the system can connect… I’m just getting tripped up on why Apache can’t connect.  I get this very generic error in the logs:

[LDAP: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Can't contact LDAP server]

I have the global loglevel set to debug… but, this really isn’t giving me much insight into the mod_authnz_ldap internals.  Can that be turned up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy Speagle