Re: "Define" directive is ALWAYS parsed

So if I'm understanding you correctly, the Define directive should only ever be allowed globally, and not nested within conditionals? If so, I guess I'm having trouble understanding the purpose of having the Define directive. In any case, it's sounding less likely that this will accomplish what it is that I'm trying to do.

Specifically, I'm trying to limit accessibility to the mod_info page to only specific users/IP's. I thought I would be able to get away with that by doing something like:

<If "-R 'ip.add.re.ss''">
        Define me
</If>

Then do something like:

<IfDefine me>
        LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
        <Location "/server-info">
                SetHandler server-info
        </Location>
</IfDefine>

But this of course isn't working the way I was wanting it to (hence my email inquiry), and judging by what you're telling me, it's not supposed to work. If that the case, might you (or anyone else on this thread) have any alternative ideas on how I might accomplish what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks again.