Re: MPM issue

On 07/21/2016 03:01 AM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
Apache 2.4.23

When I load the Apache mod_mpm_prefork.so module, the php pecl
ImageMagick extension loads. However, php progress meter doesn't work
because the client can't make any requests until the upload is finished,
so it can't get the progress of the upload.

When I instead load the Apache mod_mpm_worker.so module, I can then use
the upload progress facilities of php - but then the ImageMagick pecl
module no longer is available.

I can't have one or the other, I need both.

What is the correct apache mpm module to use and/or configuration that
won't prevent the client from making requests while an upload is in
progress and also won't interfere with the loading of the ImageMagick
pecl extension?

Just replying to say I solved it -

The problem was this particular pecl module was only built for non-threaded PHP, building a zts version of module solved it.

Using apache with mod_mpm_event.so is what I am now doing as that appears to be the best option for apache 2.4.x as long as php and all modules are built for threading.