HTTPD asking for password after power failure

I have a server running OpenSUSE 42.1 with stock Apache HTTPD 2 installed from the package manager. It has been running without issue for well over a year. We've restarted the service and the server since then without issue. The service always starts  on its own when the server boots.

Last night we had a power failure. The sever came up fine. All services, including MySQL, started fine. No obvious issues appear anywhere. But HTTPD didn't start automatically. So I logged in to the server to investigate and try to start it.

`service apache2 status` said FAILED with no details. `/var/log/apache2/error_log` showed nothing since the day before the power failure.

`service apache2 start` hung for about 2 minutes, and then said FAILED with no details. `/var/log/apache2/error_log` still showed nothing since the day before the power failure. There was nothing in the system log since my log-in to the server.

So I tried `strace -Ff service apache2 start`. The only thing I see suspicious is it calls open on `/run/systemd/ask-password-block`. It appears it times out after never receiving a password. But I have no idea why it would do that. None of my SSL certificates have passphrases, and I've always been able to start HTTPD without a password.

I'm at a loss here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick