Re: Forward web connections to different URLs to different ip/port's ?

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 00:49:14 -0400
Lax Clarke <lax.clarke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there a way we can forward different URLs in HTTP connections to
> different ip/port's?

Sure, a simple redirect as you probably already know.

> After the forward, I'd like the maintain the same URL in the browser.

Since the URL displayed is handled by the browser you will see the port
number.  The only way around that is to proxy the other page.

> I want the forward to be a full handoff... that is, a different
> program is listening for web connections on those ip/ports (different
> thread per each port).

And this requirement breaks that solution.  The original server needs
to be involved.  As stated you have conflicting requirements.

Perhaps if you told us what you were trying to accomplish someone might
have a better solution for you.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net