Re: Apache mod_dav alternatives?

On May 21, 2016, at 2:08 PM, Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using Apache as a web and proxy server, but I am unhappy with
Apache as a WebDAV file server.

I am missing a good file permission or ACL configuration in Apache mod_dav.

It's relatively easy to write a custom authz provider for your local needs. You can use existing authn module(s) to determine who's making the request, and the authz module just contains whatever allow/deny logic is specific to your site.

You might also be able to do something with the (new in 2.4.x) _expression_ syntax, depending on what logic you need:

A third approach is to use mod_fcgi's ability to delegate just the authnz decision to an fcgi daemon, but once authorized to process the request with apache. I haven't tried that.