Secured connection between Apache Httpd and Tomcat over AJP protocol

Hi All,

Good Morning.

I have Httpd process and Tomcat instances both running on 2 different machines. The communication between them happens through AJP protocol (mod_jk) which doesnt support encryption. But we are using some features of mod_jk like automatic passing of security information like SSL certificate to tomcat which inturn is accessed in our application, validated and verified.

Now, we have requirement to make the communication between them as Secured.
Since AJP doesnt support encryption, I came to know that we need to use SSH, IPSec. But I could not find any proper document to configure SSH or IPSec for AJP. Could please share if you any.

I have considered mod_proxy_http as well for supporting security which is easy to configure as well. But as I mentioned above we are already making use mod_jk features. Again it will require more efforts to migrate from mod_jk to mod_proxy_http.

Any other suggestions please.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Mohan