Re: Configure Apache to verify client certificate in an LDAP server?

FYI, I was hoping that mod_authz_ldap (http://authzldap.othello.ch/) might do what I need, but unfortunately, while I can build the module, Apache won't start when it configured.

[root@localhost conf]# /apps/httpd/bin/apachectl restart
httpd: Syntax error on line 149 of /apps/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load modules/mod_authz_ldap.so into server: /apps/httpd/modules/mod_authz_ldap.so: undefined symbol: ap_requires

>From googling, it looks like ap_requires was removed from Apache 2.4.

I've tried the mailing list for mod_authz_ldap, but am getting a bounce from their mail server.

Is there any other way to do this besides using mod_authz_ldap?

Thanks,
Jim