Re: My webmail is not working

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your suggestion, Let me go through my yum.log and update you.
I have select all packages and updated via webmin.
I will check and come back to you.
how to fix the permission and symbolic issues.
Could you help me.

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Richard <lists-apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Date: Friday, April 01, 2016 20:04:40 +0800
> From: Chandran Manikandan <tech2mani@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Dear Lists,
>
> I have running Centos 6.6 64 bit system,
> I have updated the packages today through webmin.
> After updated the packages my webmail is not working it say like
> below error in my system log.
>
> Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies
> that RewriteRule directive is forbidden:
> /usr/share/squirrelmail/favico
>
> Below error show when i start the http service.
>
> Starting httpd: [Fri Apr 01 19:55:47 2016] [warn] The Alias
> directive in /etc/httpd/conf/squirrelmail.conf at line 3 will
> probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
>
> Browser shown below error.
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /webmail/ on this server.

You don't appear to show the error log entry for the above
permissions issue. But given other issues that you do show, I'd
probably start by  looking at the ownership of the symbolic link for
"webmail" -- unless of course the relevant error log entry points
elsewhere.

Note, Centos released 6.7 last fall, so it's not clear what exactly
you updated recently. Selective updates are not advised, and a fully
updated system would have you at 6.7. Also note, squirrelmail comes
from the EPEL repo, not Centos. You might want to review your yum.log
to see what packages were just updated.