Re: Load balancing based on header value

Niranjan,

On 3/30/16 3:02 PM, Niranjan Rao wrote:
> I am using AJP to connect to tomcat.
>
> Entry in the config file looks like
>
> <Proxy balancer://cluster> BalancerMember ajp://myserver:8009
> route=node2 ProxySet lbmethod=bytraffic ProxySet
> stickysession=JSESSIONID </Proxy>
>
> Hope this answers your question.

Okay, so you are using mod_proxy_ajp.

I'm not sure how to do it in mod_proxy_ajp, but mod_jk allows the
request to override the worker to be used. I believe if you set the
JK_WORKER_NAME environment variable (for mod_jk only) that worker name
will be used. You can use whatever means in httpd to set that variable
such as mod_rewrite, etc.

I would imagine that there is a similar facility in mod_proxy_ajp.

- -chris