Build "stand-alone" apache

My goal is to build an apache that can authenticate against Microsoft Active Directory.  We run RHEL at the office and I have a limited ability to install, configure or run software as root.  I am thinking I might instead run apache on a non-privileged port and install it in a non-privileged directory.

I am running Ubuntu at home.  I was planning to install apache with LDAP support on my home machine, then tar, ship and untar at the office.  I am thinking for that to be successful, though, I would need that tarball to contain all the supporting files, including C libraries.  Is this possible?  If yes, how?