Re: Howto accept only one connection

Hello,

I'm not sure we can accept only one connection at a given time.
I tested with the "prefork MPM", and I only achieve 1 concurrent request being processed at a given time and all others requests are buffered (ListenBackLog doesn't seem to work on my server). Once the 1st request has been processed, the other ones are processed one after the other.

If running on a Linux, maybe should you configure the iptables to limit connections to 1 for the httpd port. Behind a F5 loadbalancer, there is the Connection Limit parameter on the virtual server which can be set.

my httpd conf :

 ./configure .....  --with-mpm=prefork

<IfModule mpm_prefork_module>
    StartServers             1
    MinSpareServers          1
    MaxSpareServers          0
    MaxRequestWorkers        1
    MaxConnectionsPerChild   0
    ListenBacklog            1
    ServerLimit              1
</IfModule>

best regards
A.T.

Just one connection? By that do you mean one concurrent user or
actually one request or actually one connection?

A connection is a socket opened between the client and the server.
A request is a HTTP request on that connection.

tia.