apache as a proxy between database and external webservice

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to call an external webservice from the database using PL/SQL.

I was able to achieve it using PL/SQL and oracle wallet and worked fine.

However, now as per the requirement from the security team, the way we have to do is, we need to call a proxy server in DMZ and in turn it will call the external webservice and return the results back to the database.

I am wondering if there is way to achieve such configuration.

my research pointed me to the usage of OSB and few other stuff however that is not feasible.

any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Chetan Jain.