Apache Tomcat 2.4 forbidden on root when Indexes are disabled.

Hello friends,

I am trying to setup Apache Tomcat 2.4 on X64 Ubuntu 15.10. Unfortunately, I am not having much luck because of the forbidden error I keep getting when I disable directory listing. As Apache web-server is not an FTP server, I thought removing directory listing functionality wiould be easier, but turns out, it's not. WHen I add the option Options -Indexes, I keep getting 403. If I add in .htaccess IndexIgnore *, then I see the Index page, but no index in it(Facepalm).

Also I have tried setting 755, 777, 644 on /var/www/html/* and chown www-data:www-data -R /var/www/html, with chmod as well, didn't fly.

I have tried other options like a2dismod autoindexes, but then I get 404 for all. So didn't fly. If someone wants to create a test-setup, please download Shopware community edition(Free it is), and then I gave the following commands :

sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5 curl php5-curl php5-gd php5-mysql

 Here is my sites-enabled/000-default :

 ServerName localhost.home

        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html

  <Directory />
             Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
            AllowOverride None
            Require all granted
    </Directory>

    <Directory /var/www/html >
      Require all granted
    </Directory>
There are so many people who are having this problem, and for each there is a different solution, I thought I might simply ask what's wrong with this Indexing module or what's wrong with my setup as I have already spent 2-3 hours, sorry for my rant, but such a thing road-blocking you,drives you mad.

Kindly let me know what I can do to get rid of this forbidden message. I would request to kindly try Shopware setup on your own localhost, its quite easy.