Re: LogMessage not working

Am 01.01.2016 um 22:55 schrieb Michael D. Berger:
-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2016 05:56
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  LogMessage not working

Am 01.01.2016 um 03:55 schrieb Michael D. Berger:
I am converting my old complex httpd.config from 2.2 to 2.4, and
having numerous problems.  I added mod_log_debug, but I cannot get
LogMessage to work.  Here is one of numerous things I tried
inside a
VirtualHost that is working up to a point:

<Location "/">
     LogMessage "herebefore02 httpdViMn" hook=type_checker expr=true
</Location>

The message does not appear the log files.  I have seen on the web
that I have to "enable" mod_log_debug, but I have not seen
how to do
that.

Thanks for any advice.  Perhaps there is another way to
print things
from various parts of the config file?

How is LogLevel set in your config?

Quoting from the docs, the messages logged by mod_log_debug
"are logged at loglevel info." So if your server runs with
"LogLevel warn", they won't be logged. In that case use

    LogLevel warn log_debug:info

instead, and start wth a simple

    <Location "/">
      LogMessage "herebefore02 httpdViMn"
    </Location>

before trying more complex constructs.

Regards,

Rainer

Thanks, but the above suggestions did not work.

I also tried:

    LogLevel info

which also didn't work.  I did follow your suggestion for a simpler message.
FWIW, I forgot to mention that I am on Fedora 23.

Any other suggestions?

Do your requests actually hit the right vhost, the one into which you had put the LogMessage? Can you see the request in the access log if you add a separate access log in the same vhost?

Or in case you put the LogMessage into the global server: could it be that your request hits a vhost instead?

Regards,

Rainer