Re: [users@httpd] 回覆︰ [users@httpd] How to solve ONE fixed IP serving multiple web-servers running on VMs

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx.invalid> wrote:
> You need to set up one webserver on the fixed IP as a proxy
If I understand it correctly.  Run a webserver on a VM with the Fixed/Static IP forwarded to it on the router and set up it as Proxy?

That is what I'm most interested rather than installing Apache on the host and run it as Proxy.

Stephen, your question is overly broad for this mailing list. It is very unlikely someone is going to take the (unpaid) time to evaluate your specific situation and propose a solution. This is really something you should be paying a consultant to help you find a satisfactory solution. Having said that you should be looking to employ a "reverse proxy" of some sort. That could be an Apache httpd instance dedicated to doing nothing more than responding to requests on your fixed/static IP by looking at the "Host" header and forwarding the request to the appropriate web server running in one of your virtual machines and passing the response back to the requestor. There are also software and hardware solutions optimized for this task such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_(software).

I expect keeping the Host clean for running VirtualBox ONLY.

Then you need another system that handles all traffic to/from your single fixed/static IP address on which you can run a "reverse proxy" and forwards traffic to the appropriate VMs on your VirtualBox host.

--
Kurtis Rader