Re: explicitly including other ciphers for use with https

There are a bunch of applications for using http with encrypted authentication without encrypted data.

For example, in 'cloud computing application' (which what I am build somewhat is), you want password protection/checking for checking at a different stage. However if you have to move TBs of data, you really don't want payload encryption, if needed there are better ways.

also, " ... cipher strings are complex and we're protecting people from inadvertently .. " .. that is why we have MS-windows and Mac-OS out there. Most Linux installations are work horses, mostly run by people that know what they are doing.