Re: Getting "connection refused" Apache 2.4

Hi,

Just as a kind of slightly-different sanity check, I did some testing on an Apache 2.2.31 instance that I built awhile ago on one of my test CENTOS machines:

Server version: Apache/2.2.31 (Unix)
Server built:   Oct  7 2015 11:32:17
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:40
Server loaded:  APR 1.5.2, APR-Util 1.5.4
Compiled using: APR 1.5.2, APR-Util 1.5.4
Architecture:   64-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
  threaded:     no
    forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
 -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
 -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
 -D APR_HAS_MMAP
 -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
 -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
 -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
 -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
 -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/apps/httpd"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/apps/httpd/bin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Then, I ran essentially the same load test that I had been running earlier, and, I get similar errors, e.g., connection refused.

This is with the as-built Apache configuration settings (i.e., I haven't tried tweaking them).

This is kind of leading me to think that it may the Apache, built with the above MPM model, may just not be able to sustain this kind of load error-free?

Thanks,
Jim