Re: Apache closes the connection after receiving a request.

Hi Yann,

Many thanks for the prompt response.

I believe it does not relate to KeepAliveTimeout. We are using the default value (KeepAliveTimeout = 5s); the time span between the successful request (which has a proper response) and the subsequent failed request (which has ACK but the connection got disconnected after that) varies from 1s to 11s. We did increase KeepAliveTimeout to 35s but the problems still persisted.

Talking about KeepAliveTimeout, I expect that if the time is expired, the sever will force the client to open new TCP connection not accepting the request then closing the connection right after that. Am I wrong ?

Thanks,

On Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 23:13, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Novi Jinx <oppjinx@xxxxxxxxx.invalid> wrote:

> Recently I have experienced a behaviour of Apache on my PROD environment that I could not explain. My Apache decided to close a TCP connection right after successfully receiving a request (sent ACK back to a client). With the KeepAlive is On, there were several successful requests & responses in the same TCP connection before this happens. The disconnection usually happened around the request 7th or 8th.

How long between the previous request and the one for which the
connection is (early) closed?
Is that time related to the KeepAliveTimeout configuration?

Regards,
Yann.