Re: Re: apache 2.4 directory autoindex corrupted

Kurtis Rader <krader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My first guess is that you've enabled memory-mapping of content. See the
> EnableMMAP directive:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#enablemmap

Correct.  And turning that off does avoid sending the null bytes, but
the problem remains in that apache still thinks the file is
multiples-of-2K in size.  Without mmap, it will return the correct
number of bytes, but because it set the Content-Length header to n*2K,
the client thinks data is missing and will try to request again.

So the problem remains that somehow apache determines the wrong file
size.

> Are
> you using any third-party modules? Can you employ a "divide and conquer"
> debug strategy to eliminate possible causes of the problem?

I tried running apache with the provided sample config with no
modifications as well as with all modules but the most basic enabled,
and it shows the same issue.  This problem seems to be deeper than the
modules, down on the basic file I/O.

-Jan