RE: High Availability Load Balancing with Apache

Thanks.

It was requirement to use apache, but since it is not possible, I will use physical balancers.

From: luis.daniel.lucio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:44:57 -0400
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: High Availability Load Balancing with Apache

There are for sure, better tools to do what you want instead apache.

Look for Corosync+Pacemaker

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
CISSP, CISM, CISA
Linux, VoIP and much more fun
www.okay.com.mx

Need LCR? Check out LCR for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH
Need Billing? Check out Billing for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Alan Peña Islas <estracen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Additionally, making a simple search, there are so many solutions to make a
> high available load balancer (using other software like Artic Monkey,
> putting physical load balancers, etc), but I want use only apache modules.
> If this is not possible, which solutions have been successfully for you?

You can't/don't want to do it with Apache modules.  You need to put
something in front of your Apache cluster that provides a virtual IP
for Apache via something like NAT or MAC forwarding.  Read a bit about
LVS (linux virtual server) for example.