Re: Problem Installing libapache2-mod-php5

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Stephen <stephen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been working on this over a couple of days and have not succeeded.

I recently upgraded Ubuntu from 12.04 to 14.04. Had some problems with apache2 going from 2.2 to 2.4 over config file naming and permissions, but got that resolved.

Now I am stuck and floundering installing php5.

I get this error for the install:

dpkg: error processing package libapache2-mod-php5 (--configure):
libapache2-mod-php5

FWIW, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and successfully installed Apache and libapache2-mod-php5. However, I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 (and manually migrated my configs) rather than an upgrade. It's possible, even likely, that the upgrade process has left some cruft. Can you setup a new server (even if just in a virtual machine) with a fresh install and verify that you can install apache2 and libapache2-mod-php5? If so then that supports the hypothesis that cruft left from the Ubuntu upgrade is interfering. You may need to remove packages then manually remove any unexpected files related to those packages that are still in the filesystem before retrying the install.

--
Kurtis Rader