Re: Problem with name-based virtual hosts

> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Pierre Wieser <pwieser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am facing a problem with name-based virtual host on httpd 2.4.6 on CentOS
> > 7.
> >
> > My httpd is configured as a reverse proxy, letting two internal domains be
> > available
> > from the internet.
> > I have wanted add server-status and server-info directives to the main
> > server configuration
> > and this is where I have an issue:
> >
> > - when I request for http://rvproxy.trychlos.pwi/server-info,
> > then my browser goes to https://cloud.trychlos.orgserver-info (which is
> > bad)
> >
> > - but if I request for http://rvproxy.trychlos.pwi/server-info?, then the
> > browser
> > rightly displays the expected page (though empty due to the lack of
> > parameters, but I at
> > least get the title with the right server name).
> >
> > Curiously, this behavior is the same with the /server-status location when
> > accessed
> > from firefox (v 34.0 from fedora 20), though works fine when accessed from
> > chrome
> > (v39.0 from fedora 20).
> >
> > Apache documentation and Google were not of any help in this matter, and so
> > I come
> > here to ask for some help:
> > - why does something somewhere change the domain name i am requesting ?
> > - why does the question mark change the behavior ?
> > - was someone conscious of this difference between Chrome and Firefox ?
> >
> > Thans in advance for some advice or valuable link.
> > Regards
> > Pierre

Hi all,

I have tried to remove the PTR records from my DNS in order to try to prevent
any reverse DNS to another name, without success.

I have also tried to remove any name-based virtual host from my configuration,
but same behavior (at this time, I don't even understand how httpd goes from
one name to another as there is no reverse DNS!).

I don't understand what happens as this same configuration used to work for
years (httpd 2.2 CentOS 6), until I upgraded to 2.4 with CentOS 7.

As a work-around, I use "server-status/" and "server-info/" for now, but this
is rather disappointing...

Regards
Pierre