sudo: apachectl: command not found

If anyone finds this as a big question please let me know. I'll precise my problem.

Steps I followed:

I installed apr and apr-utils package in the path "/usr" using the --prefix option.

Both were installed successfully. Hence I installed apache 2.4 to the same path ("/usr") using --prefix option while running "./configure" .

Later I came to know if prefix is not mentioned for apache2.4 installation, it will be installed inside /usr/local/apache2 by default.

Hence I again installed without specifying --prefix option which does installed the apache2 into /usr/local/apache2.

Now I cd to /usr/local/apache2/bin and run sudo apachectl -k start and the apache server was started successfully. Only later I came to know the server is running from the /usr files  installed at first time.

Instead of having 2 installations I thought of removing the one installed inside /usr and deleted all files manually and carefully from all sub folders of /usr.

Now when I run the server from /usr/local/apache2 using " sudo apachectl -k start " it says sudo: apachectl: command not found

So I supplied full path using " sudo /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl -k start "

But its giving " httpd: Could not open configuration file /usr/conf/httpd.conf: No such file or directory ".

Thank you.