Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) - Location block precedence

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading this and any for help you can provide.

I call myself trying the steps described in various forum, blog and official documentation recommendations, but I'm still getting unexpected (to me) behavior from two similar <Location> blocks. I even took the example from the serverfault.com post referenced below and tried to adapt it to my setup, but that didn't help either.

I think I must be overlooking something obvious.

My test conf settings:

<Location /sub >
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /var/svn/example.org/testing
        SVNPathAuthz off

        SVNIndexXSLT "/shared/xslt/svnindex.xsl"
        SVNReposName "Sandbox repository"

        # We will use LDAP Authentication
        AuthName "testing sub"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthBasicProvider  ldap
        AuthzLDAPAuthoritative On
                AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on
        AuthLDAPGroupAttribute memberUid
        AuthLDAPBindDN "uid=bind-user,ou=bind-accounts,o=example"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword "notrealpassword"
        AuthLDAPUrl ldap://localhost:389/ou=people,o=example?uid

        Require user user1 user2
</Location>

<Location /sub/foo >
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /var/svn/example.org/testing
        SVNPathAuthz off

        SVNIndexXSLT "/shared/xslt/svnindex.xsl"
        SVNReposName "testing sub foo"

        # Block any commit attempts.
        <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
            Order deny,allow
            Deny from All
        </LimitExcept>
</Location>

The LDAP conf options work without issues, but it's the prompt that I am getting which I'd like to _not_ receive for "/sub/foo" requests.

I thought that having the less restrictive and more path specific block beneath the other would allow it to override the less specific block, but so far no luck.