Re: Execution order of directives within Apache 2.4

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 12:33:32 +0000
<Andre.Wendel@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I was searching for a description of the exection order of directives and configurations within the apache and I wasn't able to find the documentation about that? E.g. I know that ReverseProxy rules will be executed in the order from top down, also virtual hosts and filters, but I wasn't able to find out what the execution order is if I have e.g. virtual hosts configured and rewrite rules within the main configuration?
>
> Are there general rules, like the overall order inside the httpd.conf, or the execution is based on the order the single corresponding modules are loaded?

If that kind of esoterica matters to you, it suggests you're
attempting something very hackish and likely to be hard to
maintain.  Best advice is don't.  Failing that, try it and see.

The specific question you put is described in mod_rewrite documentation
(and note that any use of mod_rewrite hints at the likelihood of a hack
that might easily have been necessary in the 1990s, but has long since
become redundant).  Rewrite directives at top level are indeed processed
early, before context-sensitive config.

--
Nick Kew