Re: Nginx + LAMP inside only server

Mon, 16 Feb 2015 kirjutas Rodrigo Cunha <rodrigo.root.rj@xxxxxxxxx>:

I whant building my enviroment wich Nginx + LAMP.The goal is performance
better abourt request from users.
I wonder if all is feasible and only one server .
my goal is to drastically reduce prices for some environments

I haven't done this specifically with nginx, but I've done similar thing in the past using lighttpd and I see no reason why it shouldn't work for nginx. The way I had it set up:

lighttpd (nginx, in your case) listening on port 80.
Apache listening on 127.0.0.1:8000.
lighttpd configured to proxy some requests to 127.0.0.1:8000 and serve some (static content) by itself, thus reducing load on Apache.

I had Apache built with mod_php and using prefork MPM, which consumed quite a lot of memory if I hadn't used a lighter webserver for static content (which was ca 60% of all requests in my case). Nowadays more popular approach seems to be using FPM for PHP and interfacing Apache (configured with some threaded MPM) to it via FastCGI, so the need for extra webserver "in front of" Apache is perhaps not that great anymore. I myself migrated to using lighttpd+PHP-FPM :)

Cheers!
--
Toomas Aas