Re: Virtual Hosting: One website doesn't work.

Hi,

From the 501 Not implemented and from some of your telnet sessions copies, I see you use also "get / http/1.1" but beware, HTTP is case sensitive, and you should use "GET / HTTP/1.1". This would explain why wget gets your resource correctly but you can't get it through telnet.

Hope this help!
Zimmi

Le 04.01.2015 03:35, ghalvors78@xxxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

On January 3, 2015 at 9:09 PM, "Stormy" <stormy22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 08:40 PM 1/3/2015 -0500, ghalvors78@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[snip]
I'm not sure why these two behave differently (www.example.com vs
example.com) I always thought the extra four letters were
something that
Apache knew how to deal with.  It's hard to guarantee that the
user will
user type or omit the 'www.'  What should be done about this?
ServerAlias ?
It was undefined.  I thought I would implement it according to online documentation.  I retyped an equivalent excerpt from my sites-available directory.

ServerName www.example.com
ServerAlias example.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/example.com/ht-docs/

When I perform the telnet 80 test, I get a "501 Not Implemented", but the wget command pulls the index.html correctly.  I never trust a web browser when diagnosing a web page because they like to cache web files.  I used telnet to simulate a web browser request, as explained in a blog, but it is apparently wrong...

This is the offending article I used, by the way.

http://www.the-art-of-web.com/system/telnet-http11/

Best -- Paul