Almost There

I've swung my second domain over to the first address. The first
domain URL still works, but the second newly added address does not.
What happens is that when browsing to the new address, the correct
server responds, but the default document root is used. This indicates
to me that I've specified something wrong in httpd.conf.

. The article at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/examples.html
describes the same edits I've already made to httpd.conf with a couple
extra directives, including the return of NameVirtualHost (which I did
not put back). I suspect wildcards may be involved here and Apache is
never finding the second virtual host definition.

I believe I have followed everything to the letter of both documents.

TIA for any ideas.