Re: Red Hat 7 Apache 2.4

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Rose, John B <jbrose@xxxxxxx> wrote:
We have installed Red Hat 7 and have been working on setting up some web sites for testing in that environment.

It looks like the version bundled with RH7 has the issues mentioned in this

We have done a yum update but I guess what we have is the latest version available via that method.

Here is what we are getting …

"service httpd graceful
Passing arguments to httpd using apachectl is no longer supported.
You can only start/stop/restart httpd using this script.
If you want to pass extra arguments to httpd, edit the
/etc/sysconfig/httpd config file."

Doing a process listing gives httpd processes with this "/usr/sbin/httpd –DFOREGROUND"

httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.4.6 (Red Hat)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

My two cents:

Try Red Hat support resources if you're not able to find stuff in their docs that helps manage their packaging of httpd.  I haven't seen evidence that you'll find much help with their systemd integration here, but I could be wrong.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/