Re: event MPM:multiple clients per thread.

On 09/10/14 16:57, Jeff Trawick wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:13 AM, dE <de.techno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

I was configuring the MPM modules.

As per my understanding, the event module can handle more than one client per thread; since session which are in a keep alive state will be managed by a common thread freeing up the thread to handle other clients.

So, no. of threads per process is effectively 'no. of active concurrent clients per process'.

Am I correct?

It depends on how you define active.  With the event MPM in httpd 2.4, additional processing (beyond keepalive) does not require a dedicated thread.  Have a look at the "Async connections" columns at http://www.apache.org/server-status.  The connections being written to asynchronously are "active" from some perspective, though the module generating the response doesn't care about them anymore (in the typical scenario).