Re: Re: Apache 2.4 PHP 5.5

D'arcy,

Those are actually erroneous responses.

You do not need mod_php to serve php content; that's the legacy approach. Also, AddType should never be used for dynamic content. The purpose of that directive is to change the content type for static files.

Nowadays, you can use fcgi and even php-fpm as a fcgi backend, and those solutions perform far better.

Please see http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/php for recipes on the various configuration options.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 06:42:31 -0700
motty cruz <motty.cruz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not getting anything similar to the example you have, I get a
> blank page, (using chrome) then I get "file download"

Sounds like one of three things.

1. You have not built the PHP Apache module.  How to do this depends on
the system that you are using.

2. You have built but have not installed the PHP Apache module.  Run
httpd with the -M option (as well as any other options that you
normally use) to see if this is the case.  Search for LoadModule for
instructions on loading it.

2.  If the module is loaded then you may not have added php file
types.  Search for AddType if that is the case.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net