Re: can Apache do a sql query and Authenticate only some users?

Mark;

Basically you present the user with a login page and their login name and password
authentication are matched to a database query that also pulls a database field named
page2load.

The query then passes that parameter to the browser.

You can also use their ipaddress as a match to the username and password if they are static
and based upon say an IP address range offer up a page. I did this for a client in Canada
who had reps across the country and depending on what province they were in determined
what page and list of products to order was presented.