Re: can Apache do a sql query and Authenticate only some users?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:15:49 +0000
Mark jensen <ngiw2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> we know that we can protect some pages in our apache server using
> authentication:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/auth.html
>
> but what if I have already authenticate the users using something
> else and add this users to a DB, Is there a way to configure Apache
> to do a query to the DataBase and don't ask for credentials if it
> find the user in this DB, in short words can Apache authenticate only
> some users ( which aren't found on DB) and don't ask for
> authentication credentials for users that found on DB.

How do you determine who the remote user is so that you can look them
up?  Credentials is how you do that.  And if they are not in the
database, how do you authenticate them?  Is there a second database?

It sounds like you are looking at some sort of CGI/cookie/session
solution but I don't quite understand the problem yet.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net