Re: Mailman CGI scripts served instead of executed

Remco Poelstra wrote:
Op 30 jun. 2014, om 19:56 heeft Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> het volgende geschreven:

Remco Poelstra wrote:
Hi,

I'm migrating a mailman server to a newer machine. The new machine runs apache 2.4. My problem is that the mailman cgi scripts are served instead of being executed.
My configuration looks like the following:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName lists.xxx
DocumentRoot /home/www/lists.xxx
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/www/w-lists/

SuexecUserGroup w-lists w-lists

<Directory /home/www/lists.xxx>
Require all granted
AddHandler fcgid-script .php
Options +ExecCGI
FCGIWrapper /var/www/w-lists/php5-cgi .php
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

In the document root there is a php script that redirects to /mailman/listinfo. The php5-cgi wrapper is in /var/www/w-lists. The php script gets properly executed, but the mailman scripts (also in /var/www/w-lists) are served directly instead of being executed.

I've tried adding a "SetHandler fcgid-script" on the /var/www/w-lists directory, but that gives me a server error. Basically the same configuration works nicely on the old machine (running apache 2.2).

Silly question: are the any chance that the scripts aren't executable (chmod +x)? Permissions can screw you - they're the first thing I always check.

They are all -rwxr-xr-x and w-lists:w-lists, so I believe that's OK.

hmm....

Just to be clear - you're saying that SOME php scripts in /var/www/w-lists execute properly, and others (the mailman scripts) do not?

If that's the case, you might want to really carefully examine what's different between the scripts that run and the ones that download - things like perhaps .php vs. php5 suffixes, and such.

You might also want to look around for extraneous .htaccess files that have conflicting information than what's in your config file.

I guess you should also see if the .php setup is different on your new machine.

Miles Fidelman