Re: mod_access_compat issue

On 26 Jun 2014, at 19:25, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there something I am missing here?
>
> They are not exactly equivalent, they are on separate sides of the
> "Satisfy" check.  The default is "Satisfy all".

Hmm...

I think that controls the interaction between user authentication
and host authentication. I'm not using any user authentication.
However, adding 'Satisfy any' fixes it. Is that because the
host authentication is still denying access, but the default user
authentication is to allow? Or because the host authentication
is working OK and the default user authentication is to permit?

To be clear can auth supplied using mod_auth_compat override
auth denied by 'Require' directives? If they are the other side
of another check, I'm wondering if the issue is simply that they
can't. In which case various upgrade guides might need tweaking.

--
Alex Bligh