Re: Client certificate auth behind f5 loadbalancer

Hi,

in my understanding authentication using client certificates is just a
cryptographic validation of a public/private keypair over a already
established ssl-secured channel.
For example, it is possible to use a official certificate for the ssl
channel and my own ca for client certificate validation.

Meanwhile i tried to find the suitable RFC to get details about this
problem - probably http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5246#page-55 might be
the right one.
Does anybody have the suitable background knowhow of the RFC and mod_ssl
to help me to find out source of the problem?

Regards
Marc