Apache mod_security reverse proxy and how traffic is handled

Does the Apache reverse proxy server forward traffic, or initiate a new connection on behalf of the external client? We have enabled the reverse proxy via mod_security proxypass, but I’d like to know if traffic is forwarded or a protocol break occurs and the DMZ host initiates a new connection to the internal app server with a different payload.

Thx,

Jeff

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.