Re: How to link pcre statically into Apache 2.4.9?

Try this and see if it works.  I think it works for me (i just was working on this yesterday).

I downloaded and built PCRE separately (8.35).  I'm building on both Linux and Solaris at this point.

        ./configure \
        --disable-cpp \
        --disable-shared \
        --prefix=$LOCALDIR/$PCRE_VER
        make
        make install

(I have --disable-cpp as a suggestion I found for building on Solaris.  You may not need it).

Then when configuring Apache had this as part of the configure command
          .
          .
          .
        --enable-pcre=static \