Apache 2.4 php-fpm mod_fast_cgi und mod_cache - mod_cache not caching

Hi guys,

after the migration from
Apache 2.2 on Ubuntu 12.04

Apache 2.4 auf einem Ubuntu 14.04

the Apache Modul "mod_cache" isn´t running correctly on my machines.
Its just simply not caching anymore.

I already installed both versions on two minimal configured vmwares
and tested the behaviour.
The problem only appears in apache 2.4

The setup looks like this:
Apache 2 mpm worker with mod-fastcgi and php5-fpm

I installed these components and configured them minimal, everything
is running fine.
After this i activated mod_cache and mod_cache_disk.

I tested the caching with a php page printing a timestamp:

<?php
header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, max-age=300");
header("Vary: Accept-Encoding");
echo time()."<br>";
?>This is printing the timestamp.

With Apache 2.4 this page isn´t cached.

I already read the official apache 2.4 documentation, but couldnt find any hints
for a essential change of the mod_cache module.
I am aware that mod_cache_mem is no more existing,
but i rechon this shouldn´t have a effect on this.

After searching the problem with google i couldnt find a solution.
I only found people with the same problem - but nobody had a solution.

Which changes need to be done in apache 2.4 to make the mod_cache module work?

Thanks in advice.
Manuel