Re: localhost Forbidden

If any of you are following this thread (I have seen no replies), I
think I found the monster:

In the file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, under Apache 2.4, there is this
chunk of code:
<Directory />
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Require all denied
</Directory>
This was NOT present under Apache 2.2. Since this file is read before
Apache reads any of the site-specific configuration files, the result
seems to be that no virtual host can allow users to access it's document
root. The above lines, being in the global config file, apparently apply
to all hosts everywhere.

If I am wrong please correct me; maybe there is a more proper way to do it.