Re: SERVER_ADDR "does not exist"

Thanks for that Eric, the similarity of the expression parser's variables
to the environment variables had caused me to see straight past the fact
that they are two separate things - my bad.

Unfortunately, I seem now to be banging my head against another brick wall...

I have changed my syntax to:
    <If "reqenv('SERVER_ADDR') =
and have also tried with env in place of reqenv, but it seems to be
behaving as if the environment variables are either not recognised (I get
the same results with a non-existent one) or empty, in that:
   <If "reqenv('SERVER_ADDR') =~ /.*/">
       gives me the desired result, so the If statement works, but
   <If "reqenv('SERVER_ADDR') =~ /.+/">
       acts according to the following <Else> statement.

The reqenv function is OK, because if I change reqenv to something
non-existent, Apache complains on restart.

I was concerned about processing order, so for debugging purposes I tried
exactly the same lines with REMOTE_ADDR, given that also exists as a
native variable of the expression parser and (as before) I can confirm
that all works as expected with %{REMOTE_ADDR} so Apache must "know" the
value. I got the same result as with SERVER_ADDR, though, so when I try to
access it as an environment variable, something is clearly going wrong.

I have tried applying single and double quotes in various permutations,
but as laid out above seems to be the only one which is acceptable.

I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious again, but if so is
there any chance of another nudge in the right direction?

Thanks again,

Adrian