Re: RE: Having issues trying to use rewriterule,proxypass,proxyreversepass

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Riggen, Scott
<Scott.Riggen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Current configuration in my vhosts file.
>

> This is not in a location or directory block.  It is in the normal
> virtualhost block
>
> I want my first rewriterule setup so that a user can type in
> https://myserver.mydomain.com/ and it will rewrite that to the full URL for
> the internal server.
>
> i.e.  https://myserver.mydomain.com/ becomes
> https://myserver.mydomain.com/dir1/dir2/login.jspx
>

> The second rewriterule is for proxying to the internal server through a
> firewall.
>
> i.e. https://myserver.mydomain.com/dir1/dir2/login.jspx gets proxied to
> http://internalserver.mydomain.com:port#/dir1/dir2/login.jspx
>

> then I think I need ProxyReversePass to get traffic back to the client.
>
> Here are the lines from my current config……What am I missing here ?
>

> RewriteRule ^/$ https://myserver.mydomain.com/dir1/dir2/login.jspx [R,L]
>
> RewriteRule ^/dir1/dir2/(.*)
> http://internalserver.mydomain.com:port#/dir1/dir2/$1 [P]
>
> ProxyPassReverse /dir1/dir2/
> http://internalserver.mydomain.com:port#/dir1/dir2/

Anything after a '#' in a URL is browser state, the browser neither
sends nor receives this data from a server.

It's also the comment character in httpd config files, so god knows
what that rule does.

Cheers

Tom