Re: Re: Making delay in apache

hi dear users,

Actually these solutions are not something that i really want. If i block the incoming port for few seconds or make the service unavailable, Maybe a victim user do not try to send her/his request again. Something that i want is whenever a request comes i make a delay something like that the user thinks that  the server is not fast to replies, but not completely refuse the connection and request fr seconds. I mean i want the user request to be in a stable status till i decide in his/her request. How can i implement such a scenario? Another thing is that i use modsecurity as a firewall and there is a filter on modsecurity to use an external script. Do you know how can i write a perl or bash script that with it i can do something like this?
One of users write a perl script for such a purpose but i do not exactly if it could be useful or not. the code and its description is here:

In conf.d/perl.conf add this line:
PerlInitHandler MyDelay

Contents of MyDelay.pm are as follows:

package MyDelay;

# This package can be used in conjunction with a
# PerlInitHandler directive to slow down a connection
# based on an ip address

# Example: set in perl.conf
# To slow down a particular request
#<Location /delay_test.html>
# PerlInitHandler MyDelay
#</Location>
#
# or outside of any Location, File, etc to slow down all requests
# PerlInitHandler MyDelay

use strict;
use Apache2::RequestRec;
use Apache2::Const; # for OK
use Apache2::Connection; # for remote_ip

sub handler
{
my $r = shift;
my($c);
my($ip_addr);

$c = $r->connection;
$ip_addr = $c->remote_ip;
if ($ip_addr eq "my ip address")
{
print STDERR ("in MyDelay:handler\n");
print STDERR ("ip_addr = $ip_addr\n");
sleep (30);
}

return OK;
}

1;

I do not know exactly that it could be a useful perl script for such a purpose. Is anyone aware of usefulness of such script to make apache slow to respond to a request?

I really need your help,
Best Regards

On Wed, 01/01/2014 06:40 AM, Jonesy &lt;gmane@xxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 23:01:00 +0330, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:

> Jonesy,
> Of course, but does this make any difference if you force Apache not to
> process requests for a specified amount of time?

If you are going to take a web site offline, you should serve up
something besides 404's, or "domain unreachable" -- unless it's
just a vanity|hobby web site, I suppose.

503 Service Unavailable
The server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded
or down for maintenance).[2] Generally, this is a temporary state.

Jonesy