Re: How to fix this issue for httpd service

Chandran Manikandan wrote:
Dear All,
I had running logwatch and below message is showing. Is this for someone hacking
the server. How to fix this issue. Could anyone help me this issue.

Chandran

What do you think needs fixing?

We all get hackers trying to find out what software we are running and I regularly see reams of entries trying every combination of MySQL possible web software URL's ... which makes me chuckle since I never run it on production machines. In the past I used to spend time blocking persistent hackers using the same IP address a lot, but nowadays I've resorted to simply forwarding a few key URL's back to Google. Anything with mysql in the URL returns a google lookup of the IP address for instance :) But I've even got that switched off at the moment and am not seeing much 'suspect' traffic.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL