client side certificate authentication

Hello List,

I am struggling to understand the concept of client side authentication enabled in SSL apache. I have been reading the posts, google pages but still clueless.

What I could understand till now is 3 configuration parameter is required

SSLVerifyClient
SSLVerifyDepth
SSLCACertificate File

The points on which I am confused is SSLCARevocationFile.

Also, the client has given 12 chain certificates to achieve that. I am confused that where I need to put that certificates and what kind of minimal configuration I should do to get that functionality.

The more I am reading the more I am getting confused :( specially on SSLCARevocationFile

Thanks & Regards,
Bijayant Kumar

PS: I am not newbie to Apache (working from few years) but this time stuck like anything and it is hard to believe that I am not able to understand the simple documents on Apache site :(