To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:22 PM
Subject:  Re: Error 404 Not Found

On 08/12/2013 02:59, Robert wrote:
Hi Good Guy,

When I loaded test.php into the browser with localhost/test.php it only echoed the contents of test.php back. If I do the same thing with any .php file I have in htdocs the result is the same - echoes back the content of the file. If I type localhost/test I get the 404 error message... "The requested URL /test was not found on this server."

Robert

OK this suggests that you have not installed php on your machine; ALSO after installing the php files, you need to configure the apache so that it knows where the php engine is.

1) First I suggest download the php files from this link:

<http://www.php.net/get/php-5.4.22.tar.gz/from/a/mirror>

 2) Unzip the files tp a specific folder such as c:\php

3) Post back when you have done this so that I can post some rudimentary instructions how to configure apache server so that it can process php files.

--
Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk