Re: Curious inability to mod_rewrite absolute paths

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Eric Covener <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Borden Rhodes <jrvp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Assuming that the above steps accurately represent the exchange
>> between Ff and httpd, am I to understand that there's no way to tell
>> httpd in a .htaccess file at step 3 that a request in the form
>> http://localhost/s/d/f/i/... should look for the file at
>> ~/www/CWD/D/s/d/f/i/... ?
>
> You can do that with just Alias if there's no dynamic part.

He only wants that to happen if the request "originates from"
/ClientWork/Drupal/ …

You can absolutely tell Apache that requests for
http://localhost/s/d/f/i/ should look in ~/www/CWD/D/s/d/f/i/, what
you can't do is only do that redirection based upon what URL the
previous request was.

However, I refuse to believe that Drupal does not have a setting that
allows you to run it at a particular location and generate the correct
URLs, which is the correct way forward here.
Could you ask this question on a drupal list - and not asking "how do
I redirect XYZ to PQR", but "I installed drupal in /ClientWork/Drupal/
and it is trying to load files from /sites/default/, what have I
missed". There may be a required configuration or installation step
that has been overlooked.

Cheers

Tom