Re: Installed Modules Query

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Frank Roche <fcroche@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi - I am a newbie to Apache and want to learn how to setup Apache as a
reverse proxy server for Oracle e-Business Suite.

I am following an Oracle document which details how to do this but the
Apache version it uses is in the example is httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz

I would like to use the latest version of Apache so I can take advantage of
latest bug fixes, enhancements and security fixes - the version I have
installed is httpd-2.4.6.tar.gz

The Oracle document says that once Apache is installed I should be able to
do the following to confirm the modules in use :-
$ ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
core.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_log_config.c
mod_headers.c
mod_setenvif.c
mod_proxy.c
proxy_http.c
mod_ssl.c
prefork.c
http_core.c
mod_mime.c
mod_dir.c
mod_rewrite.c
mod_so.c

They suggest this is achieved with the following configure command :-
./configure -prefix /dmz \
--enable-ssl \
--enable-setenvif \
--enable-proxy \
--enable-proxy_http \
--enable-headers \
--enable-rewrite \
--enable-so \
--disable-charset-lite \
--disable-include \
--disable-env \
--disable-status \
--disable-autoindex \
--disable-asis \
--disable-cgi \
--disable-negotiation \
--disable-imap \
--disable-actions \
--disable-userdir \
--disable-alias

My Problem:
However when I configure and make my  version and run the same httpd -l
command, I get a far smaller subet of modules.

Other folks covered most of this except for one thing:

Use "httpd -M" to see the list of modules active in your current configuration, whether they were linked statically with the server or loaded via LoadModule.

I have tried to use the  configure command oracle provided and also the
--enable-load-all-modules directive in the configure command as follows
./configure --enable-load-all-modules

Whichever way I do, the list command still gives me as follows :-
# ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_so.c
  http_core.c
  event.c

This list is significantly different ( smaller) than the list the Oracle
document suggests.  I have looked through the documentation and help on the
configure command and I believe I am doing the right thing.
I get that this may well be because they are different versions but can
someone confirm this for me please  - or am I missing something more
fundamental?

Thanks in advance
Frank